History

Maniototo Lodge was built in 1904 as the district Catholic Presbytery for the Ranfurly Catholic church and has been sympathetically restored retaining many of the original features.

Constructed from double brick walls to withstand the prevailing winds, the hollows between walls were filled up with concrete.  At the time, the building was considered to be of excellent taste and finish, one of the handsomest and most complete in the diocese.
Maniototo Lodge 1950’s
Ranfurly Catholic Church post 1928
Ranfurly Catholic Church pre 1928